This product is currently on backorder from HumanWare due to supply chain challenges. We expect to be shipping this product again by the end of January. Orders are fulfilled in the order received. Please write us if you have any questions.
Navigate The World around You And that latest Best Seller with One Consistent Physical Experience!
Today people everywhere consume content while traveling, but for someone who is blind or visually impaired physical keys plus a consistent user experience is so much more important while navigating outside with one hand already occupied by a cane or dog guide.
The VictorReader Trek combines the world renowned simple book reading and media playback experience of the VictorReader Stream with the navigation guidance technology found in the Trekker Breeze.
With the press of the online button you can toggle between the always-on Orientation guidance mode and offline or online book reading:
- Take a long bus ride and read books or listen to podcasts.
- Need to check where you are? Simply toggle to the orientation mode and press the “Where Am I” button.
- With the press of that one button, Trek will tell you:
- Your current nearest address
- Cardinal direction you are traveling
- Description of the next intersection
- Next instructions if you are following a route
- Simply drop a voice tagged landmark and you can receive turn by turn directions to that an exact point
- Use Trek’s familiar telephone keypad to quickly type an address
- Simply press the toggle button to get back in your book or podcast exactly where you left off
Trek provides specific pedestrian or vehicle instructions:
- Pedestrian directions ensures the user is not guided on major highways
- Vehicle instructions reduces the amount of details provided to the user so they can more easily direct a sighted driver.
Trek specializes when you are in open area!
Navigating on a college campus or similar campus environments can be challenging if you are new to the environment. Trek offers options to make you feel immediately more comfortable.
- Drop voice tagged landmarks at each building you will be returning to and Trek will always provide you instructions to navigate there, even when no streets are found
- Travel with confidence knowing that your landmarks will always be your points of reference
But we did not just merge two products. We designed a product for the future of orientation:
- The Trek includes Bluetooth for listening to Bluetooth headsets. (HumanWare recommends the bone conduction headsets to avoid blocking one’s ears while traveling)
- Users can also use headsets with control keys to modify the volume, and perform commands related to book playback or GPS navigation.
- Device is iBeacon ready for future indoor navigation features to come in a software update.
- Will support the upcoming Galileo orientation system for even better accuracy when traveling.
- We use map data from TomTom which will be updated on a regular bases.
- Users can use entire country maps now rather than individual map sections.
- Trek has an included FM radio which will be activated in a future software update
Victor Reader Trek Specifications
- Size: 114 x 62 x 24mm (4.5 x 2.4 x 0.9 inches)
- Weight with battery: 140g (5.0 ounces)
- 3.5mm stereo Headset jack
- Built-in mono omni-directional microphone
- Built-in 500 mW speaker
- Battery: Lithium-Ion, 3.7V nominal
- Battery recharge time: Up to 4 hours with AC adapter. May be longer with other chargers or PC recharge.
- Power Supply: Switching type AC/DC. Input 100V – 240V, 50Hz – 60Hz. Output: Type A USB socket, 5VDC, 1A
- Operating temperature range: +5 to + 40 degrees Celsius
- Battery charging temperature range : +5 to + 35 degrees Celsius
- Storage and transportation temperature: -20 to + 45 degrees Celsius
- Operating humidity: 5% to 90% (non-condensing)
- Storage and transportation humidity: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
- Micro USB OTG compliant interface
- SD (Secure Digital) card slot supports up to 32gb SDHC cards.
- Talking Book formats: DAISY 2, 2.02 , NISO Z39.86 2002,/2005, NIMAS 1.1, unprotected EPUB 2, LGK
- Audio Codecs: AMR-WB+, mp3, MPEG2, mp4, m4a, m4v, OGG Vorbis, Wav P.C.M, Speex
- File types: 3gp, bra, brf, docx, fb2, html, m4a, m4v, mp2, mp3, mp4, mpg, OGG, rtf, SES3, txt, wav, xml, LKF
- Audible: Enhanced format supported (.aax)
- Text-to-Speech: Acapela
- Recording: MP3 16-bit samples at a sampling rate of 44,100Hz with a bit rate of 64, 96 kbps, PCM 16-bit samples at a sampling rate of 44.100Hz
- DRM: 2002 PDTB1 (so-called I.P.P.) and 2006 PDTB2
- Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11b/g/n operating in the 2.4GHz band
What's in the Box
- VictorReader Trek device
- USB cable
- Power adaptor
- Small USB cable for support of thumb drives or cartridges
- Weather resistant carrying case
- Getting started sheet
Documentation, Release notes and Upgrade files